How BLFC Uses Your Personal Information
BLFC will never sell or give away your identifying information.
BLFC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of BLFC terms and policies, or as otherwise required by law.
- If BLFC is acquired by or merged with another entity, we will only forward your information to them with your permission.
Real Name / Fan Name Usage
BLFC will never publicly print, list, or otherwise display your legal name without your permission.
In such cases where we provide a listing of users such as but not limited to conbook sponsors, public attendee list, or photo tagging, we will display your badge name. In the cases where a badge name is not provided, we will ask your permission to list your legal name, and leave you unlisted if permission is not obtained.
Usage of Information
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email, address, and birth date. BLFC uses this information for the following general purposes:
- To customize the web page you see.
- To fulfill your requests for products and services.
- To improve our services.
- To contact you.
- To collect (anonymized) demographic data.
- To verify your id at-con.
- To verify your age at-con.
- To mail or contact you about registration goodies and/or lost and found items.
You can edit your BLFC account information at any time. You may also elect to have your account deleted after the con is over.
New categories of marking communications may be added to the BLFC registration system from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt-in to receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions containted in the messages they received. Users will initially be opted out of such messages until they choose to opt in.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the BLFC service, such as administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We limit access to personal information about you to volunteers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency contact information will only be used for life-threatening emergencies.
It is recommended that emergency contacts be kept to one (1) person attending the convention and one (1) person not attending the convention.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please CONTACT STAFF.